Connecting WhatsApp is not something you can do all by yourself. For this, you need the help of your Customer Success Manager. In this article, we'll tell you how to link your Whatsapp Business account to Watermelon.
To connect WhatsApp, you need a Facebook Business ID. With the help of your Customer Success Manager, you will verify your WhatsApp Business number in no time and easily add it to the Watermelon platform.
You can verify the costs of using WhatsApp in Watermelon with you Customer Success Manager.
Backing up your data
Are you already using WhatsApp Business with the phone number you want to connect to? First, make sure you have a backup of your current conversations. This is because previous conversations and saved contacts will not transfer to the new WhatsApp Business API. To learn how to backup your data, please click here.
Create a Facebook Business Manager account
WhatsApp is part of Facebook. Therefore, to request verification, you must also have a Facebook Business account. Don't have one yet? Learn how to create a Facebook Business account in this article.
How to link your phone number to your WhatsApp Business API
- Visit this website to create your WhatsApp Business API.
- Follow the steps to create an account. Use your legal company name and the industry in which you work. Please save your login information. You will need them later to customise your WhatsApp Business profile.
- You will receive a 6 digit code via SMS or Voice, which you will need to verify your phone number. Make sure you have your phone number at hand.
Attaching the API key
- Copy the API key from your WhatsApp Business account.
- Now open the Watermelon platform.
- Go to Settings, Add/edit channels and select WhatsApp.
- Click on New WhatsApp number. Under WhatsApp integration, choose 360dialog.
- Name the WhatsApp channel. This is only visible in the Watermelon platform.
- Enter the WhatsApp Business number. Always start with 0031.
- Add the API key from your WhatsApp Business profile.
- Click on Connect WhatsApp number. Send yourself a test message to see if the connection was successful.
- Customers can now chat live via WhatsApp.
Activating the chatbot on WhatsApp
- Open the Watermelon platform.
- Go to Chatbot, Edit, Edit channels.
- Select the WhatsApp number you want to activate the chatbot on.
- Click Save below.
Setting up your WhatsApp Business profile in 360Dialog Clienthub
- Go to your WhatsApp Business account.
- On the left side of the menu, click on Whatsapp Business Account.
- Click on Show Details.
- Go to Profile.
- Now add a profile picture, a business name and your contact details here. You can also add a description in which you briefly explain what your company does.
The size of the WhatsApp profile picture is 192x192 px.