All messages that your customers send via the Facebook business page will arrive on the platform after linking. In this article, we explain how you can link your Facebook Messenger.
Let's get started with connecting Facebook messenger
Once you are logged into the Watermelon platform, you can take this tour that guides you through connecting to Facebook Messenger. You can also follow the steps below if you prefer:
- Go to settings.
- Select add/edit channels and then click on Facebook Messenger.
- Via the green Log in with Facebook button, you can log in to Facebook with your personal account via a pop-up.
- You will see the company pages that are linked to your personal Facebook.
- Facebook asks what Watermelon can do, tick all options by sliding them to Yes.
- Select the company page and click on Link Page.
- Congratulations your page has been linked!
To be able to link Facebook to your Watermelon dashboard, you must be an administrator of the Facebook company page. If you are not an administrator of the Facebook business page, you must first become one in order to link the page to the platform.
How do you become an administrator? Ask a current administrator to follow these steps on the Facebook page:
- Click Settings at the top of your page.
- Click Page Roles in the left column.
- Enter a name or email address in the box and select the person from the list that appears.
- Click Editor to choose a role from the drop-down menu.
- Click Add and enter your password to confirm.
Can't become an administrator? Then ask the administrator of the page to link Facebook to the platform.
Create a company page for Facebook
If you don't have a Facebook business page yet, we recommend creating one. You can find instructions on how to do this here. Once you have a page, you can link it to the Watermelon platform.
Accidentally logged in with the wrong company page?
No worries! If you log in with the wrong company page, you will receive a message in step 2 that you are not an administrator of the page. You can easily solve this:
- Go to your Facebook page.
- Log out of Facebook.
- Go back to the platform and go through Settings to link channels.
- Choose Facebook Messenger.
- You can now Log in again with Facebook and this time link to the correct channel!